- Yeah, i’ve already disavowed the Support of anyone who has any Kind of Agenda of Hatefulness or Racism and, i, you know, i’ve said: “Look, i don’t want their Support”. And if you look at me and my Background, i’m the Son of Immigrants, you know, i’ve been working, like, you know, like in a progressive Direction for Years and Years, and so i have limited Control over some of the People that decide that my Platform is something they’re interested in, but i’ve already disavowed the Support of anyone who has Beliefs that are antithetical to mine in that Way.
I hope @MrAndyNgo is okay. Journalists should be safe to report on a protest without being targeted.
— Andrew Yang (@AndrewYang) July 1, 2019
- Ben Shapiro: Okay, so now i want to race through some of the Policy-Proposals. I want to get one out of the Way immediately, because People think the Reason you came on here was to discuss Circumcision, which was not the Reason you came on the Show and not the Reason i asked you on the Show. So, your Position on Circumcision: You are anti Circumcision, but you are not in Favour of banning it, is that correct?
Andrew Yang: Yeah, that’s certainly right. I mean, you know, i have two young Boys and, you know, when the first was born my Wife dug into various, you know, Reasons for circumcising your Kids and then she was unconvinced and then she convinced me to be unconvinced, shall we say, but i’ve attended my Friend’s Bris for their Son and, you know, it’s up to Parents what they want to do and certainly for any like religious or cultural Reason like People should be free to adopt whatever they want for their Children.
Ben Shapiro: So fine, we’re cool. Because, you know, there’s some, the medical Evidence is at best conflicting, sometimes it’s trendy, sometimes it’s not. There’s Talk about, you know, your, the Prevention of penile Cancer, Urinary-Tract-Infection and Stuff, but, you know, the Fact is that as long as you’re not looking to ban it, i don’t care, right? Your Perspective on it is your Perspective, fine.
Andrew Yang: And i have to say how taken aback i was at how much of a Thing it became [possibly referring to the Twitter-Thread below].
Ben Shapiro: I mean, you mentioned Circumcision, so now it’s a Thing, right? This is the Stupidity of the Internet.
Negative on it
— Andrew Yang (@AndrewYang) March 13, 2019
Just to be clear, is that a negative as in you’re against the practice (which I’m assuming), or negative as in you have no opinion? Thanks!
— Jellyfish Rave ن (@JellyfishRave) March 13, 2019
Against the practice.
— Andrew Yang (@AndrewYang) March 13, 2019
- A Trump-Voter in the Midwest said to me that he can’t wait for me to debate Donald Trump, because he thinks that i would crush him. And the Reason why he said this is that, whereas Donald Trump is all Bluster and Spectacle, you’re all Facts and Logic. I’m like Ice to his Fire. And so one of the Jokes, i was trying to imitate Trump, and i was like, you know: “Comrade Yang, go back to China”, or you know, or something like that.
- So i would decriminalise all Opiates for personal Use, including Heroin. So if you’re an Addict and you get caught using, you do not go to Jail. You get referred to Treatment and Counselling. And what this would do is this would increase the Likelihood that Addicts would seek Help.
- Yes. I’m for decriminalizing both cannabis and opiates in part because I believe we can learn from Portugal’s experiences.
- Answering the Question: “Should we adopt a drug policy like Portugal?”
I’m for full legalization of marijuana. I would go a step further and on 4/20, 2021, exactly 2 years from today, I would pardon everyone who’s in jail for a low-level, non-violent marijuana offense and I would high five them on their way out of jail. 👍 pic.twitter.com/Q8txZNa2I1
— Andrew Yang (@AndrewYang) April 20, 2019
- It’s not Socialism, it’s Capitalism where Income doesn’t start at zero.
- Ethan Klein: So Felons, who have served their Time, get the Dividend?
Andrew Yang: When they come out, they start getting it. It also does not accrue during that Time.
- You’re not going to believe this: I am Teddy Roosevelt’s Great-Granddaughter’s Godfather, which makes me absolutely nothing to Teddy Roosevelt.
- …one of my Sons is autistic and has ADHD…
- I am for a Two-State-Solution, uh, it’s to be the best Path forward in Terms of the israeli-palestinian Conflict and that has been historically the Stance of the US.
- Israel is a very, very important Ally of the US. Certainly some of the Actions that are being taken there are deeply problematic and run afoul of some of the Standards we’d like to see Countries meet. I’d be hesitant to say that they are in Violation of those Standards.
- You know, i think Julian Assange should stand Trial. You know, i’m generally pro Whistleblower and like pro People that are trying to call out bad Behaviours, but in that particular Case, like he did end up disclosing some Information that really had no useful Purpose except for potential Damage to our Infrastructure like the undersea Cables-Locations, [inaudible] so i certainly would not be in Favour of like, you know, like [Questioner asks: “Pardon?”] yeah, i think he should stand Trial.
I know it would be difficult to implement and is contrary to human nature – but I think we ought to explore not publicizing the identities or motivations of mass shooters. Would discourage those seeking notoriety or to spread twisted beliefs.
— Andrew Yang (@AndrewYang) September 2, 2019
— Andrew Yang (@AndrewYang) June 25, 2018
Leave minimum wage to states but universal basic income makes it much less necessary
— Andrew Yang (@AndrewYang) April 30, 2018
No American should be working full-time and living in poverty. A $15 minimum wage is good in principle but it will catalyze corporations to replace American workers with automation and robots. Instead, we need to cut out the middleman and just give people money. pic.twitter.com/fk2qrGtIPg
— Andrew Yang (@AndrewYang) May 29, 2018
- No, i’m a big 80s-Fan, so i like The Smiths and The Cure.
- The Reality is that for every 10 or a 100 Groups of Workers that want to unionise, most of them are intimidated and believe, and scared out of doing so. And a Lot of this is because you have these very, very Union-unfriendly Right-to-work-Laws on the Books in some States. So that’s something i would love to change as President.
I understand those who have another point of view on this. Obviously the folks at NBC are the real decision-makers. But if I can forgive Shane, as the guy he called a slur, I hope others can as well. I also hope Shane is open to learning. We are all human, we’re all fallible. 👍
— Andrew Yang (@AndrewYang) September 15, 2019
Tariffs hurt businesses and workers on both sides. As someone who has run a business I would want greater notice if prices are going to change – companies make investments years in advance. pic.twitter.com/UuYMjBD8yU
— Andrew Yang (@AndrewYang) May 28, 2019
Wow 800,000 friends on Twitter! That’s phenomenal. 79% of Americans aren’t on Twitter – let’s reach out to them too. 😀👍🇺🇸
— Andrew Yang (@AndrewYang) September 12, 2019
Quotes about him
Yang’s [D-NY] illegal vote-buying scheme https://t.co/bGvyOFLt2O
— Georgia Log Cabin (@GeorgiaLogCabin) September 18, 2019
Yang Gang, looks like ya boy is a sexist! Excited to read the totally non-sexist replies to this tweet. https://t.co/U4C8PqneRP
— Honda Wang (@HondaWang) September 21, 2019
- Andrew Yang didn’t harass me physically, he, nothing like that, but he did treat me unjustly and he violated me economically.
- [H]e’s the closest to my Position on this Issue [the Drugs-Issue] of everybody in the [presidential] Race.
Unknown young Woman in Des Moines, Iowa
- I took off my Bernie-Pin. I mean, i love Bernie, but this Guy, he should be President.